Monday, January 24, 2011

Stop That! It's Silly.

Let me tell you, I have been on a ROLL lately. So much so, that you probably better get the butter ready...

...Wait. That's not right at all.

^ Yeah. It's been like this for the last 3 days. You should hide your children and small animals. You should even hide your small children and regular sized animals.

We went to Manhattan yesterday to see roomie's cousin Nancy. We had sooooooo much fun! I don't even have words for how much fun! All the words I can come up with seem so... sub-par. It was like a unicorn jumping through a hoop and over a rainbow while juggling flaming chainsaws and singing "Yankee Doodle".

Got that mental picture going?

You're messed up!

Just kidding.

Oh dear, I probably should cut out the caffine and sugar completely.

ANYWAY

I did a lot of laughing this weekend. Laughter is good for the soul. When your weekend starts off with "DING DING DING DING DING!!! Come on down! You're the next contestant on 'Katie Doesn't Give a Frick Frack'!" you KNOW you're in for fun times! (Kristin said that, btw. Give her a pat on the back if you see her.)

This weekend was an exercise in giving up on a lot of things and just going with it. Going with the flow.

I like this.

I like not feeling like I have to make everybody happy.

I like getting out of town and wearing ridiculous sunglasses.

I like sitting at a table at Old Chicago for 5 hours and being really loud with people who accept me in all my insanity.

You know what, I didn't hear one person say a negative thing about me all weekend either.

And that trend even continued this morning at work. "Katie, I just love you." "I know, I'm magnificent." (If only straight guys loved me as much as my gays do.)

I even had a messed up dream last night. All I remember is that 1989 Bono was there in all his 1989 glory.

Ok. This blog is officially stupid and saying nothing of consequence. I need Graham Chapman to show up...

No comments:

Post a Comment