Thursday, January 27, 2011

Partaaay!

I don't know if you could guess from the above diagram, but that is me. In my pity party hat.

I have been trying soooooo hard to fight my pity party ways, but yesterday morning, I succummed to it.

"Why am IIIIII still single? Look at horse face over there, SHE has a boyfriend. How is mountain face pregnant? I was supposed to have a baby a couple of years ago, and what am I doing? Being SINGLE and living in my best friend's BASEMENT Waah waah waaah. Blah blah blah."

Yeah. Get over yourself, Katie.

Do we think that the more we whine to God, He'll just cave and give us what we want when we want it? (Especially since it's something that's not PROMISED to everyone in the first place...)

***SUPER ANALOGY TIME!!!!***

When Cordy whines, it makes me want to throw her in a box and put the box in a closet. (I would never actually do that, but it's REALLY REALLY annoying.)
She wants food. 5 o'clock is her scheduled feeding time, but it's 4:42 and 37 seconds and she's all "EEEEEEEEEEE. EEEEEEEEEEEEE. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

"Cordy. It's not time yet. You have like 18 minutes."

"EEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"Cordy. Seriously? Dude, you have...."

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" (and she throws in a *Scratch scratch scratch* and a triple lutz double toe loop for added emphasis.)

"Ok, I am aware of your nutritional needs, and your gastric grumblings. I am also aware that I am now bleeding and I require a new slipcover for my couch... I WILL FEED YOU IN SEVENTEEN MINUTES AND FIFTY TWO SECONDS!!! NO SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bottom line, I'm going to feed her at 5 o'clock. She knows she's going to be fed. I have fed her every day for 7 1/2 years. She knows I'm going to take care of her, but she wants taken care of NAAAAAOOOOO!!!!!!

It's really annoying.

How much do I annoy God with all my silly prayers? "Lord, I want a husband." "Lord, I want a baby." "Lord, I'm sick of sleeping alone." "Lord, I want a pony."

It's the equivalent of "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

I need to just shut up and relax. 5 o'clock is GOING to get here!!! (Hopefully.)

...And I seriously need to burn that party hat. It's hideous as all get out...

1 comment:

  1. In the words of Jimmy Buffett/Alan Jackson... "It's 5 o'clock somewhere!"

    ReplyDelete