Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday! Woot!

I don't really know why I'm "woot"ing Friday. I mean, I was off almost the whole week. I guess it just seems like the appropriate thing to do, to "woot" Friday. We're raised with "TGIF", so we just expect it. Friday has also come to expect this. She likes being praised.

I turned on my music this morning and the first words that I hear are "You are good, You are good when there's nothing good in me..."

If that isn't the truest thing I've ever heard, I don't know what is.

I'm stuck in the "two steps forward, one step back" pattern. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it though, because even after taking one step back, I'm still one step forward, right?

I have days where I'm like "Ok, God! With Your help, I'm getting through this!" and I'm incredibly hopeful, and then I have days where I am like "I am so unworthy, why do I even try?" and I feel down. (Don't worry, today's a "Getting through this" day.)

Today, I'm just going to bask in the love of my Heavenly Father and push all else aside.

He is good, He is good when there's nothing good in me
He is love, He is love on display for all to see
He is light, He is light when the darkness closes in
He is hope, He is hope He has covered all my sin
The riches of His love will always be enough and nothing compares to His embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment