Friday, February 11, 2011

Fri-Polar

Let's start the day off with the three songs that have been cycling through my head since I awoke.

First up, "The Thief" by Brooke Fraser. This song was in my head FIRST THING THIS MORNING. I even slapped myself in the face to try to get it to stop. It's not a song I need in my head. Ever. Beautiful song, but it kills me every time.



(Sorry that one's a live version. It was the only one I could find without lyrics, and I thought the story was funny. Brooke, I love you. Why all your songs gotta make me cry?)


Second up, "Strawberry Fields Forever" by The Beatles...duh. ("Across the Universe" version today. Kristin, NO LAUGHING!!!) I especially like the "No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low" line. It pretty much describes how I've felt for a long time.



Third up, "Goodbye, Goodnight" by Jars of Clay. I don't know why this one is stuck up there... random. This CD was on CONSTANT replay back in the day.



Ok, now that I've played DJ for the morning, how is everyone? I hope you're having a pleasant week, and a pleasant "Leading up to Valentine's Day" time.

The number of family members concerned by my lack of Facebookage is growing by the day. My poor mother. She sees the wall postings, texts me and asks if I want her to reply for me. Sweet, sweet Mom of mine. I give you 5 gold stars.

I called this one "Fri-Polar" because I have had a very interesting day so far... and it's only 9:30! My feelings today have already run the gamut from "UGH!" to "incredibly hopeful".

I was up til 2 AM again, which I am not complaining about, but it makes me have REALLY WEIRD DREAMS!!! We're talking weirder than usual. I was running through a passenger train with Matt Damon and he was declaring his undying love for me the whole time we were trying to escape the bad guys.

Yeah.

Needless to say, I wanted to go back to bed. It was the first time I can remember being MAD to hear The Beatles! ("I'm Only Sleeping" is my alarm.)

Before that dream, I had another weird one that I can't remember. Cordy kept waking me up jumping off the bed last night, so I had at least 3 different dreams that I'm aware of. Kristin had to make cookies this morning, so I know that was part of her jumping around.

As I straggled out of bed this morning, Cordy was all super duper hyper dog. And then as I was doing my hair and she was running around like crazy. I was not in the mood. I wanted to be in bed with visions of Matt Damon and his undying love dancing in my head. (The funny thing, I'm not even a really big Matt Damon fan...) I put down my brush and look at the crazed ball of fur. "Do you need out or something?"



Up the stairs.

I know how to get all the snow in McPher to melt... have Cordy pee all over the town. It's incredible how much of it melts when that dog pops a squat. TMI? I could write such a book about that dog and her bathroom times.

ANYWAY, she decided she wanted to be even CRAZIER when she got back in the house. She ran round and round and round and round my living room, stopping by the bathroom for the occasional "RUFF!" while I continued getting ready. I sat down to put my boots on and she "threw" her stuffed dog, Herbert, and he smacked me square in the face. And she looked like this:



And I looked like this:



But how could you be mad at this:



So yeah. After crazy cracked-out Cordy settled down, I put her in her little doggie bed and started on my way to work.

Have I mentioned that driving in the snow is not one of my favorite activities? I actually found myself arguing with stop lights!!!

"Do you KNOW how hard it is to get restarted once I've stopped? Come on! I can't drive any slower! TURN ALREADY!!!!"

Stupid stop lights have NO sympathy!

The intersection at First and Main is the worst. It also happens to be the intersection where my place of business is located. I was YELLING along with "Across the Universe" as I was spinning my way through. "NOTHING'S GONNA CHANGE MY WORLD!!! EXCEPT NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN LEFT AND GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I may have added a few lyrics of my own there...

By the time I pulled into my parking spot, I was feeling pretty defeated. I'm still struggling with a lot of things that I shouldn't be. I just put my head on my steering wheel and prayed "Lord, please help me through this day. I need a better attitude."

I got into the building, sat at my desk, and opened the worlds biggest concordance: GOOGLE. "Bible verses about strength"

"Hmmm. Isaiah. This could be promising..."

"Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind." Isaiah 40:27-31 The Message

Yes please. That's exactly what I need to get through this Friday. I hope it encourages you as well!

1 comment: