Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wonderful Christmastime

Last night, I treated myself to a... em... treat. (As a friend of mine would say: "Oh, you and your redundant redundancies!")

I put up my Christmas tree!!!

You see, this is a small victory for me. I love Christmas, and I feel like my whole adult (living away from Mom and Dad) life, I have never had a proper tree. I mean proper!

The thing is pre-lit and I still strung more lights on it last night. I mean, if it was outside, you might be able to see it from space. You should probably wear shades if you're gonna look at it. I put on the beads that we used on my childhood Christmas tree. I hung projects I had made in Sunday school, Hallmark ornaments, and my "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" ornament collection (I can't find "The Island of Misfit Toys" ornament anywhere and I am in full blown crisis mode). I hung the snowflake ornaments my Granny had crocheted before I was born (she was legally blind when she made them!!!) and I pushed it completely over the top by overloading it with 15 red velvet bows.

It is beautiful!!!

The tree is like 4ft tall and it has enough stuff for an 8ft tree.

I am in love.

I haven't been this happy in awhile. We're starting a new venture at work, and I'm happy with my Christmas tree.

I like this upswing.

No comments:

Post a Comment