Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On Creativity

I woke up in a so-so mood, but by the time I was singing "Oh, Darling" and "Something" in the shower, my mood had greatly improved. The Beatles wrote some excellent shower singing material, just in case you were wondering. (I know you were.)

I stayed up til 1:30 last night crocheting baby hats for an old boss of mine. I am a creative person, but I also have A.D.D. so this has been greatly detrimental to my creative career. Through the years, I've cross-stitched, crocheted, knitted, beaded, painted, decoupaged, sequinned, sewn, glued (you get the idea) countless projects. I remember sitting for hours in the living room floor with a bag of scrap material my Mom had and making clothes for my Barbies. I crocheted and knitted countless blankets and outfits for my baby dolls. If I didn't have something, I made it. To this day if I see something at the mall that I want but I can make it, I go home and just make it myself.

I would love to someday have a shop on etsy and sell my crazy creations but I'm undecided. I don't want to get burned out on it. If it's a job, then it's not fun anymore... but at the same time, I WANT to do it! My brain is bursting with ideas!!!

So yet again, I have something to ponder and blow out of porportion. (My imagination has a great way of taking me from starting out to booming business to bankrupcy in .5 seconds.)

I really am trying to just sloooowwww down and enjoy every day as it presents itself. I think that's the number one thing that God is trying to drill into my head right now. Why am I in such a hurry? I have no clear directive, so I'm running in circles at a manic pace!

Bleh!

(Am I making you tired yet?)

I've just been full of insane energy today! (Which is cool...) I've been dancing around and singing all day. I like letting my silly side out. I don't do that often, but it makes me happy when I do.

Here's a link to one of the songs I've been dancing around to today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhCh-ZMgkWE

Yeah. Dare you to not tap your toes to that one...

If happy people annoy you, you might want to avoid me today.

2 comments: