Sunday, November 7, 2010

Progress

Progress. I'm making it.

I think yesterday was the first day that I have actually enjoyed myself in quite awhile. (Well, I enjoyed the party last Friday, but I was worried the whole time since it was at our house.)

Anyway...

I had one particularly awesome moment yesterday at Old Navy. We were in the dressing rooms and I looked up and there was an ad with three skinny girls in really skinny pants, jumping, and smiling. For the first time in my life, I looked at an ad and didn't feel inadequate. I looked in the mirror and thought "I look pretty dang good!" (Which was quite the accomplishment in that harsh lighting and those mirrors, you know what I'm sayin?)

I know it's trivial, but it was a big moment for me.

I think things are looking up in some areas. Now, I just need to keep working on the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment