Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day Three

Only 31 days left. I can do this. I'm doing pretty good other than the itching and the overall feeling of grossness. If I had known that Sunday would be my last day with my silky smooth armpits, I would've enjoyed them. I would've whispered "I love you", taken them on a long walk, maybe even made a candlelight supper.

(And with that, ladies and gentlemen, the old Katie is back!)

I'm not even going to let my overall disgustingness bring me down. It's fall, baby! Woo hoo!

There's so much I want to do! There are so many people I want to see! I can't make enough time for it all! I'm being pulled in a hundred different directions and it's starting to wear on me.

I have a roommate to hang out with, I have my family and hour away who want to see me, I have an abundance of "new" friends that I want to hang out with all the time, and so on and so on.

It's kind of starting to stress me out! If I'm doing something with this person, I hear "oh." from another. If I go to hang out with the other, I hear "oh." again! I can't possibly make everybody happy. I think it's because a lot of my friends are very much alike.

How am I supposed to prioritize? If I get an attitude from someone when they hear my plans, how do I a) not bend to their every will and b) respond without exploding?

I just have no idea.

I'm getting to the point where I need to put my foot down. This is what I'm doing. This is when I'm doing it. This is who I'm doing it with. (Within moral limits, of course.) I don't question people when I hear their plans! I just say "OK!" and move on with my day.

I think I just realized something. The two that I have the most trouble with are pretty much the same exact person. I love them both dearly, but I feel I can never please either. I'm always doing something they don't approve of. That's why I'm stressed, because I'm getting it from both sides. A person who used to be in my life was the very same way.

They know how to manipulate me. They know how I am, how I operate. Hmmm... well, that gives me something to ponder for the day. At least it's something to think of besides my itchy pits.

No comments:

Post a Comment