Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No-Shave November

This morning, as I was talking to a friend on the phone, I decided to do something crazy.

You see, my friend is going through a 33 day radiation treatment for breast cancer and she had her first treatment yesterday. I always promised her that if she got sick and lost her hair, I'd lose mine, if she had to go on a diet for medical purposes, I'd go on one too, if she jumped off a cliff... nah. That's where I draw the line, but you get the idea.

Because of the radiation, she's been instructed not to shave her left armpit... *Gulp* Anything but that, please. I'm one of those girls who's been known on occasion to shave her pits twice a day because I can't stand it.

(I think you can tell where this is going.)

So she says "Remember when you told me that if I had to have chemo, you'd shave your head?"

"Mmhmm."

"Remember when I thought I'd have to go on a diet and you said you'd do it too?"

"Mmhmm."

"I think you should let your left pit go since I can't shave mine."

Curses!!!

We laughed about it and I decided it would be the ultimate in solidarity. My OCD took over and I decided that I couldn't just have one shaved and one un-shaved pit. I mean, come on! Go big or go home, right?

So I kinda half jokingly said "No-shave November. The guys are doing it, so why can't I?" And then I secretly thanked God that she didn't have radiation in July.

"Well, I'm going for it! It's not like I have anyone to impress, right? Hairy arms, hairy legs... Watch, I'll meet the man of my dreams now. Dang."

"Maybe you'll meet a man who likes the European look."

*Facepalm*

I don't know what scares me more, the thought of being completely unshaven for a month or the thought of meeting someone who actually finds that attractive.

*Shudder*

Me and my ruthless loyalty...gets me in trouble every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment