Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls and a Tall Glass O'Milk

I am obviously feeling the need for some sweet sustenance.

Sustenance denied. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not ever. SOOOOO many calories.

Since I've been MIA, here are some things that have happened.

I now have an "office area" and I made some stuff to junk it up!!!




It's a lot cooler in person, I promise. Both projects were hard to photograph. And they'll both be junked up more. I mean, obviously the limb isn't JUST going to be decorated with crystals and a picture of me and my dog. There will be others added. It's nice to be crafting again. I've missed it.

In other news...

NJ got cat attacked and almost had to have his head amputated.




I said almost...

Stupid neighbors cat. Grr. His face was all swollen on one side yesterday, and I didn't really think anything INSANE of it because NJ and this cat have a history. An abusive one. Evil cat is always taking chunks out of NJ. Yesterday afternoon, I was singing "Can't read my/ can't read my/ no you can't read my puffy face (NJ's got one like nobody)".

Sorry, buddy. I didn't realize the vet was going to have to shave your face. And lance some stuff. And make you oozy.

NJ's face looks like how I feel in my insides. All bloody and cutty and oozy.

Oh well, this too shall pass.

For my innards as well as NJ's face.

Oh there I go, sounding all Emosey again.


(Haha. Sorry Mosey.)

Just two more things, then I'll go

1) You know how I linked to Tavi yesterday? (or whatever day that was...) Yeah. A) Girl's insane. B) Pretty dang sure we could be besties if given the chance.

2) I read this snippet from "Jane Eyre" today:

*Ahem*

"Still indomitable was the reply -- 'care for myself.' The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself. I will keep the law given by God; sanctioned by man. I will hold to the principles received by me when I was sane, and not mad -- as I am now. Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth? They have a worth -- so I have always believed; and if I cannot believe it now it is because I am insane -- quite insane: with my veins running fire, and my heart beating faster than I can count its throbs. Preconceived opinions, foregone determinations, are all I have at this hour to stand by: there I plant my foot."

You go, Jane.

COMING UP THIS WEEK (hopefully):

Katie and Courtney Love are BFFs (AKA "Adventures in Cold Medicine")

Things I've Been Learning as a Single Lady (AKA "Can I Have a Leopold, Please?")

No comments:

Post a Comment