Friday, May 13, 2011

MONSTER!!!

I'm sitting in a hotel in Kansas City. My Mom, Grandma, Aunt Barbara, Aunt Gracellen, Aunt Eileen, and Aunt Jackie and I are all having a GIRLS WEEKEND!!! WOOOO HOOOO.

I had a great little blog that I tried to blog yesterday, but in all the preperations to get ready to leave, I didn't get it done. So I'll make it short and sweet and add an amusing little anecdote from this morning.

"The Insecurity Monster"

I don't know what the deal is, but for the last week, I have been waking up at EXACTLY 4:16am EVERY DAY.


When he shows up, I am seized with this fear of "Omgosh. I haven't heard from so and so lately. I hope I haven't offended them in any way. Are they still my friend?" and I think about it, I obsess about the last conversation or text message I might have shared with that person. I try to figure out how I screwed it up. Just ask Justin and Libby. They have recieved soooooo many "We coo?" text messages. Sorry, guys.

WHY DO I DO THAT? And why doesn't that dang monster just go away?

I think it's because when I was growing up, silence was used as a weapon.

THERE WAS NOTHING WORSE YOU COULD DO THAN IGNORE/NOT TALK TO ME.


It's carried over into the adult times.

It's dumb.

I know this.

It's really bad with guys, because my Dad and my ex did it REALLY bad. Sorry ESPECIALLY to Justin and Fren. '=

This morning when the Monster woke me up, instead of obsessing over who might be not talking to me and for what reason, I angrily growled back "I. AM. ON. VAY.CAY.TION! GO. AWAY. NAO!"

I don't have to worry about this. I know my friends have my back, and I don't have to talk to them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY to know this. I do not need people patting me on the leg and telling me "It's ok. We still love you." EVERY. FIVE. MINUTES.

Good grief. I get annoyed by people who are like that. And I'm being that person. If you see me start to do that, please alert me to the situation and I will do my best to rectify it.

If that dang monster shows up again tomorrow morning, I know just what I'll do.




And now for something completely different:

Awkward breakfasty times with the strange ponytailed man .





This just in: explaining the concept of "Laffy Taffy" to my Grandmother who has dementia...

No comments:

Post a Comment