Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Indirect Direct Messages

Do you ever wish you had one of those tin can and string phones that you could talk to God with?



My Dad would say "That's why we have prayer, Katie."

Yes, I'm aware of that, but sometimes I wish the answers were just a little more direct sometimes.

"That's why we need faith."

Dangit! Quit arguing with me! This is MY blog!!!

You get the idea.

I have this situation that I've been praying about for months. It's not really a "situation" it's more of a want, I guess? I should say I've been needing direction on a few things.

After getting no definitive answers and feeling emotionally worn out, I finally got an answer the other day. I was praying and I felt this definite instruction.



OK... not what I wanted to hear, but at least it gives me a direction to go in for sure.

I gave it a few days...a week...a month. I had a few more things come up so I prayed again and heard, once again.



Grr. Alright. I'm going to be OK with this, but will I ever get an answer, Lord?

So I decide to send a message to my friend Amy just to see what she says. She's a good friend and we message back and forth when we're frustrated. (Both divorced, both single, you get the drift.) I know God gives me words to tell her because the things that come out of me when I'm "talking" to her, there is just NO WAY I could come up with them on my own.

So I poured out this message to her. I was frustrated and confused, I didn't know what to do and she sent me a nice message back with this towards the end:



I just need to wait, I guess? Is that what I'm picking up from all this?

On one hand, it's great that I'm getting the same answer from several sources. It's not like I feel like God is saying one thing and my godly counsel is saying another. On the other hand, it's still frustrating.

At least one of the situations I was unsure how to approach and therefore "waiting" on was remedied this morning.

I have a sudden overwhelming need to listen to Richard Marx now... (And if anyone gets that joke, give yourself a pat on the back!)

4 comments:

  1. Wherever you go
    Whatever you do
    I will be right here waiting for you
    Whatever it takes
    Or how my heart breaks
    I will be right here waiting for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. DING DING DING DING DING!!!!

    YOU'RE THE WINNAAARRR!!!!

    Give yourself a pat on the back. (And five gold stars if you have them readily available...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I pat my self on the back, will that force the song out of my head? Because I'm pretty certain it is stuck there at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I love Richard Marx so badly.
    At least I did when I was little and rode the bus to school.

    ReplyDelete