Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blessings

Monday was a challenging day. We had the biggest customer blow up that I have ever witnessed in my life. It was the kind where you can't stop shaking, even an hour after. Not cool.

Got home to find that I had a form to fill out for jury duty. It had arrived that day (the 28th) and it was dated March 7th with "fill out form and return within two (2) days." The "two (2)" was in BOLD PRINT.

Awesome. Am I going to jail? I wouldn't look good in that gaudy orange. It would seriously clash with my hair.



Yesterday morning, I drove to work (after only paying $1.61 for my Diet Pepsi) and I was just feeling really weepy. I do that cool thing where things done really effect me until the day AFTER. I didn't really want to go to work. I was scared.

I text Fren and he sent me a nice message that cheered me up.

Then my friend Bryce sent me a text out of NOWHERE, and he cheered me up. (It was REALLY hilarious!)

Aunt Cathy sent me a text and it cheered me up.

And you know what? Fren was the only one who even KNEW I was having a bad day!!!

I talked to Ryan and Libby throughout the day and they made me smile. Jennifer was at work and she bought a pizza for lunch (with jalapenos for me!) and then ice cream later. Heck, she even let us close early so I could go home and catch the Wichita State game. (THEY WON!!!!)

All of those things to say that I felt great despair yesterday morning and I cried out to God for help.

And He sent my friends to help me. :)

I felt like writing last night (first time in a LONG time I'd felt that way!) so, I "wrote" this. It's obviously a spin on 1 Corinthians 13, but it's how I was feeling at the time.

"Be Love"

Be patient.
Be kind.
Do not envy.
Do not boast.
Do not allow pride to overtake you.
Do not dishonor others, whether it be through words or actions.
Do not seek to make everything about you.
Do not allow yourself to be easily angered.
Keep no record of the wrongs of others.
Do not delight in things that are evil.
Rejoice in things that are good and true.
Protect always.
Hope always.
Persevere always.
Be love.

No comments:

Post a Comment