Monday, August 29, 2011

Whoa. Just WHOA.

OK. I'm not usually a "get in the middle of things" kid, but seriously.

I see so many people lately trying to tackle others with their idea of truth.

"MY WAY IS RIGHT!!!! DON'T YOU SEE!!!!?!?!?! YOU'RE GONNA DIEEEEEEE IF YOU DON'T JOIN MY TEAM!!!!"

Whoa. Just whoa.

A) Can we cut the drama?
B) Can we get over ourselves?

Now, I'm assuming that some of you have read my blog enough to know that I am a born-again Christian. (And I know that some of you are rolling your eyes just reading the term "born-again". That's fine.) I prefer the term "Christ follower". I call Jesus my Savior and I try to do what He would have me do.

That does NOT MEAN that I am going to go around beating people over the head with something that I have found to be helpful in my life.

Yes. I love Jesus.
Yes. I believe He's the way.
But I also believe that He's someone you have to find on your own and not in anyone elses timing.

I do not pretend to be judge, jury, and executioner for people who do not believe as I do. Lord knows I have messed up so many times.

I see so many so-called Christians walking around being Judgy McJudgertons lately and it makes me so sad.

Jesus came to teach us love by example. Even people who haven't been to Sunday School a day in their life can probably recite "For God so LOVED the world..."

What part of "love" are we not getting here?

What people need in their lives is between them and God.

Sure, I have friends who don't believe EXACTLY how I do. Does that make them any less of a person than me? Nope. Does it mean that if they grew up in church and then took another route that their going to hell? I believe "nope" on that one too. I mean seriously. I know PLENTY of people who go to church every Sunday and call themselves "saved" who are every inch as "bad" as someone who's never been in their life. (I've been there.)

What makes me even more sad is that there are some in the church who would have people like this leave the church and never come back like it's some exclusive country club that can't be seen with a blemish.

Ever heard of the Pharisees? Anyone? Jesus wasn't a fan.

Christians who believe this way have obviously not read the book that their whole faith is based upon. (I mean seriously. It's messed up. And I love it.)

Some go around preaching grace and damnation at the same time like it's theirs to give either way.

It's not.

So seriously, people. Chill out. Live and let live.

Love.

Edited to add: I'm not saying that you shouldn't talk to people about Jesus. I'm just saying that if there are people in your life who are uncomfortable or closed to Him, don't continue to push them away by beating them over the head.

2 comments:

  1. "Some go around preaching grace and damnation at the same time like it's theirs to give either way. It's not."

    Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna echo Ryan's comment. That was beautifully put.

    ReplyDelete