Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting to Know Yoooouuu

My friend, Staci (no pun intended) tagged me in her "Get to Know Me" post. Libby did one, too, so I'm jumping off the cliff and letting you into my mind space. But not my personal space because we all know that weirds me out unless I want you there.

The Rules:

You must post the rules.
Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
Let them know you’ve tagged them!

Now, right off the bat, I am in violation of the rules. That's how I roll. You tell me to jump, and I say "No, YOU jump." I just don't have eleven people to tag. Staci and Libby are my only blogging friends that post with any regularity, so I don't really want to tag them again. It would turn into a blogging black hole, and none of us want that.

Here are the questions posed by Staci:

1. Do you have a signature (or simply favorite) perfume? What kind is it?

My favorite ever is "Love Spell" from Victoria Secret, but I ran out, so I wear "Pure Romance" from Bath & Body Works the most. There is a love theme to my perfumes. What's that about? (Also, Mom and Dad gave me "Beautiful" by Estee Lauder for Christmas one year, so I wear that on special occasions.)

2. If you had to pick one song to be your ringtone–FOREVER–what would it be?

This is actually a very easy question to answer for me: "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by U2. It's only my favorite song ever. Be warned, if you are ever in a vehicle with me and this song comes on, it WILL be turned up and belted out at an ungodly volume. That is unless everyone in the vehicle has a problem with it, and in that case, I'll just ball up in the back and rock back and forth, weeping. ("Need You Tonight" by INXS runs a close second.)

3. Favorite kind of shoe?

I would choose bare feet, but that's not a shoe. My favorite kind of shoe is a flip flop. I have been known to wear them year round in my younger days.

4. What was your favorite subject?

History or Spelling. (I accidentally typed "History of Spelling" at first. Now THAT would be a subject I'd enjoy.) I was really good at spelling as a child. Maybe that's why I get easily stressed out by reading my Facebook news feed.

5. Do you enjoy exercising? Do you actually exercise?

The only exercise I actually ENJOY is shrinking the distance between my food and my mouth. But that's how I got to my current physical physique. I need to start exercising. I actually DO enjoy it when it happens, but it's just so BORING. I sound like such an amazing person. I'm going to move on now.

6. Favorite season?

I love both spring and fall. BUT I would say year after year I am falling harder for fall. HAH. Falling. Nevermind.

7. How often do you go out to eat? Where?

Too often, and I would say I mostly go to Applebees (with my awesome friends), Taco Tico (with my awesome brother), and Tres Amigos (with anyone who I can drag there).

8. If you had to donate all your money to one charity, which would you choose?

Oh dang. I have no idea what SPECIFIC charity I would give to. I'm just going to say I'd give all my money to NewSpring (my church) because they give to a bunch of different charities. Either that or I'd give to a crisis pregnancy center. It would be so easy to say "I'd give all my money to the children in Africa!", but seriously. I think people overlook the need in our own country waaaaaay too much.

9. Name a detail that you always notice that most people overlook (nice paper, clean cars–something like that)

I always notice which way the toilet paper is put on the roll.

10. Most-used tool in your makeup bag? (You can tell I’m writing this for girls)

I'm not a HUGE makeup girl (see random things about me), so I don't really use any tools. BUT I will use one of my makeups in its' stead: My Clinique Long Lash Mascara. Holy goodness. It's all I ever need.

11. One cherished memory.

Any memory involving my Papa. He was a very funny guy and I loved him very very much. (He was pretty much like my dad, just older.) I remember when he died, my grandma told me one night, "Your Papa really really loved you, you know that?" (He wasn't a man who wore his lovey dovey feelings on his sleeve.) I just kind of took that statement, folded it up, and put it in my heart.

As far as memories go, anything involving my family. Immediate AND extended. There are a lot of us and we always have a good time. They're my favorite thing about my life, even though I've wanted to seriously injure them at times. (But who can say they HAVEN'T felt that way about their family?)

Random things about me:

1) I was born premature and with my left hip out of socket so I had to wear a brace for the first 6 weeks of my life. I was a TINY baby. My dad always tells me that when they took me back for my doctors visit, the Dr. remarked that he'd never seen a baby that had been taken such good care of in a brace like that. I didn't have any marks or bruises from it. Dad says it's because Mom wanted me so bad and for so long. Also, I have to pop my hips a lot and sometimes I get stuck sitting down until I can pop it.

2) "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" is my most watched movie of ALL TIME. Frankincense is my favorite brother.

3) When I was 3 years old, my number one jam was "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes. Had I known that would be a theme in my life, I would've chosen a better song. (No, I wouldn't.)

4) My dog, Cordelia, was SUPPOSED to be named Banshee Rufina. (If you know her, you know just how un-bansheelike she is.)

5) I love love love George Michael. Wham AND solo.

6) I really hate doing my hair and makeup and I feel like less of a woman for that.

7) I actually prefer breakfast sausage to bacon, and I fear this makes me a horrible human being.

8) I love hats, but I don't wear them all that often. (Mostly because I forget about them.)

9) I love drinking water. It's pretty much all I drink.

10) I am a SUCKER for a good costume drama. 6+ hr BBC miniseries? BRINGITON!

11) My greatest desire in the world is to be a wife and mom, even though I downplay it a lot. I mean, I don't need it NOW, but I would prefer it happen before I'm 45.

2 comments:

  1. The toilet paper comment. I actually clicked on it in an attempt to "like" it.

    I have been conditioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Libby, I want to "like" things ALL the time when I can't.
    Katie, love your answers :) Especially the exercising one. And nice ringtone choice.

    ReplyDelete