Monday, January 9, 2012

Year's Up!

Remember this post? I Am A Crazy Person

It was a year ago.

Way to go me! I successfully navigated a whole year without being in a relationship.

Ok, ok. Who am I kidding? Going a whole year without a relationship is NOT difficult for me. Being IN a relationship would be more of a challenge. (Finding someone worth having a relationship with is actually the challenge.)

Now, my roommate was very quick to point out that I did have a couple of dates this year. Nice guys, but they just didn't work out. They were just a couple of dates. And the first one didn't even happen until September.

So yes, if you want to be SUPER SPECIFIC, I only made it 9 months. That's still somewhat of an accomplishment.

I learned a lot about relationships, guys, and myself this past year.

I learned that I need to "unlearn" a lot of things. I'm going to have to re-train myself in a lot of respects.

I kind of feel sorry for the next guy who takes me on. (Haha!) He's going to have to work hard to court me. I'm not 19 anymore. I've learned much and therefore there is much I will not tolerate.

I'm not heartless, but my goodness! Do not grab my butt or try to stick your tongue down my throat. These are just common courtesies!

I don't know where courtesy was lost, but a guy better find it pretty quick if he wants to be with me.

I have learned not to be a push over and to stand up for my beliefs. If someone has a problem with that, then I don't need their negative influence in my life. (I'm not saying that in a stinky way. It's just a fact.)

The biggest thing I learned this year is that I am worthy. I am worthy of respect. I am worthy of love.

And that's something I had never allowed myself to believe.

I am looking forward to what God has in store for me in 2012! I think it's going to be a crazy ride!!

This song was stuck in my head the whole time I was writing: (Dang thing won't let me embed) Goin' Co'tin

1 comment: