Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Little Bit of Christmas Magic.

Today, I'm going to do something that I do not ordinarily do. AT ALL.

I am going to share a page from my private, written journal. Don't get used to it. A girl has to keep SOME things to herself, but I am feeling overwhelmingly sappy today for a reason unbeknownst to me. (The names have been changed to protect the innocent.)


Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011

My eyes welled up with tears three times today.

1) A little disabled boy that I remember from when I worked at the eye Dr. came into the store today. He must've been about 3-4 yrs old back then, so he's probably 8-9 now. Then, I didn't even know if he'd ever walk, but today he was purshing a shopping cart that had crutches in it. His name is Tim.

Today was our Christmas Open House and we had Santa stop by.

When Tim saw Santa, he just took off as fast as he could and ran into Santa's arms with one of the biggest hugs I've ever seen. A hug which Santa returned with just as much enthusiasm. Man. The look on Tim's face. It was absolutely priceless. I can't even put into words how wonderful it was.

2) The Salvation Army donation collecters were singing "We Three Kings" as I walked to my car to go home for the night. It was beautiful, and the moon was just starting to peek out from behind some clouds.

3) "Where Are You, Christmas?" was on the radio for my drive home. I've felt like Charlie Brown lately.

I just want some Christmas magic back. Today, I tasted a bit. I want even more.

(Greedy, I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment