Monday, January 3, 2011

On Sickness

Hello, 2011.

Just as I started to get excited and vow to lose weight, grow my hair, and start being content in the now instead of thinking constantly in the future...

I get sick.

Bleh.

I'm the person who takes care of people when they're sick. I'm not good at being on the other end, especially with my Mom living in Wichita. (Yes, I'm 2 weeks away from being 26, but I STILL want my Mommy when I don't feel well!) Last time I was sick, my brother was still in school so he was able to go to the store and grab me some things.

This morning, I crawled out of bed, took a shower, put on my big-girl panties and went to the store for myself. I even had to use a SHOPPING CART! *Gasp! The horror!* (I'm really not helpless. It's just hard to get out of bed when you feel like crap.) I have enough Gatorade, 7up, saltine crackers, kleenex, cuppa noodles, and dayquil to last me through the zombie apocalypse. (I also found some awesome red sunglasses that I didn't NEED, but they were so beautiful!)

I've got to declare war on my house. It's a pigsty and it's bringing me down! It's hard to be mentally and emotionally up when your house is dragging you to the pit of hell.

My main objectives should I choose to accept this mission (after I get off work at 3):

1) Get well
2) Clean house

If I can accomplish both at the same time, I will earn the title of Wonder Woman.

So here's to getting better and looking forward (but not TOO forward) to a great 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment